Mother’s Day is coming up on Sunday, May 10. I would like to take a little time and look at Mother’s Day. Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society. It is celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly in the months of March or May
Below are a few fun facts about Mother’s Day
1. Mother’s Day is the third most popular holiday in the world, behind only Christmas and Easter.
2. According to the Pew Research Center, more phone calls are made on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year.
3. Approximately 65% of all greeting card sales occur in the last five days before Mother’s Day.
4. Women purchase 80% of all Mother’s Day cards.
5. In what was formerly Yugoslavia, children would tie up their mother on Mother’s Day. The only way she could be freed would be to “pay” her children with candy and treats.
6. Around one-quarter of all flowers purchased throughout the year are purchased for Mother’s Day.
7. Many of the trademark sweaters that Mr. Rogers wore on his television show, Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood, were knitted by his real mother.
8. Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for the restaurant industry with 62% of Americans dining out.
9. Julia Ward Howe, who wrote the lyrics to “The Battle Hymn of the Republic.” was the first person to proposed Mother’s Day in 1870.
10. in Thailand parades are held and jasmine is commonly given as a gift to Mothers.
The Bible has a lot to say about Mother’s and Motherhood.
In Deuteronomy 7:13 says “ And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb,”
In Ephesians 6:1-4 We find God’s words about Children and Parents. It says “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother,” which is the first commandment with promise: “that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth.” And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.”
In closing I would like to say. Please Honor and Thank your Mother this Mother’s Day. Chances are… she does not need or want any gifts. What she really desires is your time. We are so busy living our lives, it is easy to forget about Mom. Taking time with her makes her feel very Special. It shows her that you love her. Please don’t put it off because this could be the last time you have a chance to show her. For many of us, our Mothers have passed on… Just to have a chance to show our love to our Mothers would be such a blessing to us.
I pray that you will have a very special and blessed mother’s Day.
I thank you for reading my blog. I do not claim to be any expert or affiliated with any religious organization. All I can say is that I’m affiliated with my Lord Jesus Christ. This is one man’s opinion and observation. My hope is I stirred up some thoughts for you to think about. There is one place that we can find all the answers to life. That road map is Commonly known as the Bible. If you want the answers to life all you have to do is read. If you would like me to pray with you or want to send a comment please email me at Bob.L@magnificentpromises.com or use the form below.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16